The original Vidago Palace Golf Course was originally built in 1936 but redesigned to comply with the USGA specifications for tees and greens. Now an 18 hole par 72 course, although of original design identity it now enhances international championship tournaments.
The golf course offers great contrasts of natural surroundings; with retaining walls of trees built with local stone, the first four holes are played within the Centennial Park, with 11 holes following that were built in the Oura Valley. The final three holes are played on the top of the Park with outstanding views of the surrounding countryside and local villages. All holes offer the golfer a challenge but enjoyable game, with the final nine holes a complete contrast from the former nine.
The Vidago Club House and Bar offers a range of food and drink for before or after play. The building is made of old stone, dating from 1886. With two stone terraces and a living area, this is also a place for the non-golfer to relax and enjoy the resort.